Saturday, September 01, 2007

Lucky

People complain way too much! Everyone has a good life in comparison with someone else's, then why is it that everybody looks at their own life and think they have the worst problems? I used to be one of these "normal" people, until I got a chance to peek at myself for a little bit...

I have been very lucky throughout my life. When I was 6 years old, I fell on my face and people (who cared about me) were devastated. It was crazy - they were discussing my need for drastic treatments and maybe even plastic surgery! The whole fuss was pointless because it really didn't matter to me. I was only a child, not a very good-looking one, and the fall just made me uglier, but I didn't care. At least, I don't think I did (but then again, I do have a short-term memory). The result of this terrible accident was that I didn't need braces when I grew up.

And then, in my early teens, I was fat. There was no other polite way to put it. I was one of the fattest kids I knew. Yet, I was still a kid (a good kid, I hope) - kinda stupid and obviously very childish. A couple years later, I grew tall (to my current height), and I filled out well. If I had remained a skinny kid, I fear to think what I would look like today... (shudder!)

The point of this is that no matter where you are in life right now, something good will come out of it. Trust this stupid kid who learnt everything the hard way :)

2 Comments:

Blogger SSK said...

Came here through Amul's blog.

Just wanted to say: I agree with your viewpoint. =)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice!Hey head gal..congos firstly and wish u a happy married life....and liked u r blogs!my vote!:)

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home